TERMS & CONDITIONS
Conditions of Booking
All participants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on all in-person courses. Fully vaccinated means to be two weeks or more past receiving the final vaccine dose prior to arrival at the course. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is an acceptable vaccine for the purposes of this policy. Only book your course(s) if you have an EMA-approved vaccine.
For our Danish courses, please visit coronasmitte.dk to make sure you can enter Denmark.
For our New Zealand courses, please visit https://immigration.govt.nz/ and follow the requirements and information provided.
Notice of cancellation must be given in writing. In the event, you need to cancel your course, the following cancellation charges will apply:
90 days prior to course start – Full refund of funds received minus a US$200 administration fee.
Cancellations between 31 and 90 days prior to course start - loss of 50% of the course fee.
Cancellation within 30 days of course commencement results in a loss of 100% of the course fee.
If you're booking within 30 days of the course beginning, please note that we're unable to offer any refund should you decide to cancel. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance.
If you're booking within 30 days of the course beginning, please note that we will offer a refund should the EGA have to cancell your course. We do not cover any expenses for flights etc. We strongly recommend that you purchase good travel insurance.
Participants are responsible for organising travel and staying informed of travel restrictions and rules applicable to their travel. The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) does not take responsibility for this information. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance (international customers) that will cover cancellation fees at the time of booking. This cancellation policy includes voluntary or involuntary early departure from a trip.
Terms & Conditions for our online courses & online assessments
Please note that with our online courses and online assessments, different terms & conditions apply.
If you decide to cancel the course within 14 days of having your place on the course confirmed by the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd), a full refund will be offered. Once we receive your written cancellation, in form of an email we will refund your course fees, minus an administration fee of USD$200. Once passing the 14 days you will be under the full cancellation conditions of our online courses which are 100% non-refundable. Should the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) cancel, we will proceed with a full refund of funds received, excluding the administration fee.
Terms & Conditions for in-person courses & assessments
CANCELLATION of courses by the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd): We occasionally may have to cancel any course at any time up to 30-days before commencement if the minimum numbers required to operate the course are not reached or for unforeseen circumstances. Please enquire at the time of booking as to whether your course is confirmed to run. If we cancel your course due to minimum numbers we will refund you in full. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to events outside our control, such as natural disasters, terrorism, pandemic or political instability, and we are unable to operate the course as planned; refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
The Expedition Guide Academy retains the right to not accept/cancel a course booking should they deem the participant not suitable for the course.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: It’s a requirement of attending a course with the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) that you obtain full travel insurance cover at the time of booking your course. You’re required to have a cover that includes trip cancellation insurance, full medical cover and emergency repatriation. We also strongly recommend insuring against any other travel mishap such as flight cancellations or delays, loss of luggage and personal effects, theft or trip interruption, at the time of booking. Travel insurance can be obtained through your travel agent, or from online brokers such as www.travelguard.com. Please contact us for any further advice.
TRAVEL AGREEMENT: You agree that you’re willing to participate in a training course and are physically prepared to take part in the activities described in the course outline. You understand you’re undertaking training of a physical nature. You understand that the course may not follow the exact printed itinerary if circumstances don’t allow it, although The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) is committed to doing everything it can to keep your training running as close to the scheduled itinerary as possible. It is at the complete discretion of the Lead Instructor to cancel any activity at any moment if there are concerns for the safety of the group or individual. There will be no refunds for activities or training parts missed for this reason.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Expedition Guide Academy are occasionally required to make changes to training schedules and activities if necessary due to severe weather or other unpredictable events, or in order to improve the training. We are committed to running courses as close to the scheduled itinerary as possible and we will go to extraordinary lengths to keep training running as planned if affected adversely by weather or other events outside of our control.
You acknowledge that the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) is the training provider and you have no contract or agreement with any other person or company.
The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) assumes no responsibility or liability for any delay, mishap, inconvenience, expense, injury or death, theft of personal property or documents, or damage to property occasioned through acts of God, detention, weather, war, quarantines, strikes, civil disturbances, or the negligence or default of any individual or company in providing the services associated with an Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) course. Expedition training is by nature unpredictable. The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) reserves the right to use photographic images of clients for publicity purposes only. This may include, but is not limited to, the display of images in brochures, exhibition booths, websites, and so on.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY: The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) provides a range of services to its clients which may expose them to risk of injury. We require all clients to READ, UNDERSTAND, and ACCEPT the following document outlining the terms on which we provide those services, the risks involved, and the legal limitations under which we provide them. We cannot and will not provide our services without your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Zodiac driving by its nature has an element of risk of injury (from minor to catastrophic), damage to property, and even a possibility of death. You accept that it is neither possible nor desirable to completely eliminate this risk, regardless of the care taken to manage it. You are voluntarily participating in these activities with knowledge of the danger involved, and agree to assume any and all of these risks. These activities may include bike rentals, coaching, guided tours, shuttling, transfers, or other activities.
2. As such, by participating in a training activity YOU EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGE and ACCEPT that this is NOT a risk-free activity, and you acknowledge that participation will include performing zodiac driving skills and techniques and other physically strenuous movements required to manage yourself and others in an expedition environment and that you will be undertaking these actions on a variety of surfaces including trails, fields, coastal and open water and that any of these factors may further increase risks.
3. RISK MANAGEMENT: In order to reduce and manage the risk of injury you commit to the following:
A. Follow the instructor/coach/assessor's instructions at all times.
B. Follow all posted and/announced safety rules and all rules common to driving boats and working in expedition operations.
C. Communicate with the instructor/coach/assessors: your current skill level, your comfort level throughout the course, your fears and concerns, your doubts over any step of the progression process, and any reluctance you may have about progressing another step during the course.
D. Inform the instructor/coach/assessors of any pre-existing medical conditions or health issues before commencing the course, plus advise them of any change in your health status during the course. This includes any impairment by drugs, alcohol or fatigue.
E. Taking responsibility for having your personal equipment in a condition to safely undertake the activity.
F. Wearing appropriate safety equipment throughout the course, including a lifejacket at all times on the water could reduce the risk or severity of injury/exposure.
G. Remain in control and within your ability level. You understand you must operate in a manner to be able to avoid other people or objects at all times.
4. MEDICAL HISTORY: You certify that: a) You possess a sufficient degree of physical fitness and health to safely participate in the training course offered by The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd), b) You understand that you are to inform the instructor/coach/assessors and discontinue the activity that you feel undue discomfort or stress or diminished medical or health condition, c) If you know or suspect that your physical condition may not be compatible with these activities you will seek medical advice before undertaking them, c) you will indicate in writing below on this form any medical or health issues that might affect your ability to safely participate in this course, you also confirm that you accept the additional risks of participating in the activity with these conditions.
5. DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT: You acknowledge that you are responsible financially for damage to equipment borrowed or rented from The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd), including damage to vehicles or other assets caused by you.
6. EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE: In the event of a medical emergency, you authorise and give your consent and permission to The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) to provide any and all medical assistance, including but not limited to first aid, arranging treatment by medical personnel, physicians, nurses, or paramedics, and to authorize any emergency medical treatment. You further understand that in the event of a medical emergency YOU WILL BE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EXPENSES INCURRED.
7. INSURANCE: I understand that I am solely responsible for any medical, health or personal injury costs relating to my participation in The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd’s) programs. You acknowledge that you have been recommended to check that you have medical coverage for the activities you are undertaking as coverage of treatment under the Accident Compensation Act 2001 cannot be guaranteed.
8. IMPLICATIONS OF s 317(1) of the Accident Compensation Act 2001 (ACA) of New Zealand. The purpose of the accident compensation scheme in New Zealand is to abolish claims for personal damages in exchange for a social contract by which those who suffer personal injury receive a set of community-funded entitlements but in exchange, they must relinquish their entitlement to sue for damages in respect of their injury. By this means the economic consequences of injury are spread across the community irrespective of where fault may lie. In simple terms, this means that individuals who suffer accidents in New Zealand are legally precluded from pursuing claims for compensation for personal injury that occur in New Zealand.
9. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE that the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) may take photos or videos of events, activities, training sessions you participate in, and you give permission to use any and all such material for marketing, advertising, website, social media or other purposes. We respect privacy laws and any images posted online will be removed by request.
10. You agree as follows:
To undertake this activity at your own risk & assume all risk of personal injury & property loss or damage.
To waive any and all claims that you have or may in the future have against The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, guides, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, independent contractors, subcontractors, successors and assigns and to release The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) from any liability for any loss, damages, expense or injury including death that you may suffer or that your next of kin may suffer resulting from either your use or your presence at an Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) course or travel to or from such course.
To hold harmless and indemnify The Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) from any and all liability for any damage to property of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from your use of, or presence at, an Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) course, or travel to or from such course.
This agreement shall be effective and binding upon your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of your death or incapacity.
This agreement and any rights, duties and obligations between the parties to this agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and no other jurisdiction
DECLARATION: When booking your course, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated on these pages. You acknowledge that there are certain risks and dangers inherent in training of this nature. These risks include but are not limited to, driving zodiacs in a variety of weather/sea states, participating in activities ashore and at our training base(s) and/or the possibility of accident or illness in remote areas without the possibility of immediate evacuation or availability of medical supplies or facilities. You are voluntarily participating in this Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) with knowledge of the dangers involved and hereby agree to assume all and any risks, including injury and death. You, therefore, release and discharge the Expedition Guide Academy (Outwardly Bound Ltd) and its owners, employees and business partners from liability for bodily injury, death, property damage or theft, and any of the consequences thereof, arising from my participation in the trip. You enter into this release of liability on behalf of yourself, and those members of your family who are under 18.